A Farewell To Arms

This is the last week of classes.

tumblr_miv66lxW6e1r7r1l7o1_400

While I would like to say the close is bittersweet, the euphoria of impending freedom is too high.

That is not to say of course, that I didn’t enjoy this semester. (As much as college student can ever really enjoy a semester that is. I know how we all battle with our inner sloth).

tumblr_m7rzjxWUXm1rtxen9o1_400

I had a particularly challenging roster of classes this half-year. And it was great. I could literally feel my brain expanding.

Smart_Guy_Gif

And that made me realize, despite the insane papers and horrifying exams, all these classes didn’t just teach me theĀ usual content stuff, like dates, or psychological studies, or theories of architecture.

I actually also learned how to manage three big assignments due on the same day(start early. think of what is early and then start a week before that). And how to study for an exam in two days (trust me, all nighter are not the way to go). And how to look for online citations in a mad dash of panic (easybib is the boon of my existence).

While I would like to say that I learnt these things by being cautious and realizing what could possibly go wrong and not doing it, the truth is I learned all those lessons the hard way.

But that’s fine. That’s what college is far; to fall but also to learn how to get up again.

It’s been a productive semester.

inline-1-batman-google-gifs

giphy